To report a gas emergency, call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
This is a 24 hour emergency line.
You should call the emergency line if:
- You can smell gas
- You have low or high pressure
- You suspect carbon monoxide poisoning
- There has been a gas explosion or fire
- You have no gas
Once you have called the emergency helpline, take the following actions, if it is safe to do so:
- Turn the emergency control valve off at the meter. Only do this if your Site Engineer has advised that you are allowed to take this action. If the emergency control valve is located in a cellar or confined space, where there is also the smell of gas, do not enter, and leave the premises immediately
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
- Do not turn any electrical switches on or off
- Put out naked flames; do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition
- Manually open any electric doors or gates